One of the earliest stimuli a parent can provide for their infant is infant massage, an ancient practice practiced across cultures for centuries. In addition to enhancing your role as a parent, you can provide the right stimulation to promote optimal development with simple massage strokes. The benefits of infant massage can last for years, and you and your baby will benefit greatly during those first years. Listed below are more benefits of infant 홈타이 더 알아보기 as explained by our physical therapists.
It is due to positive research results, changing lifestyles, and parents’ desire to provide better care for their infants that infant 마사지 사이트 instruction is becoming more popular. Early psychological and sensory input is critical in facilitating an infant’s development, so massage provides a significant source of stimulation involving the sensation of touch and tactile stimulation. This stimulation facilitates a baby’s development and well-being. Additionally, a baby’s overall health is improved when touch is introduced early in life.
Research shows that infant massage increases parents’ attachment to their infant and their desire to nurture and care for him or her. Bonding encourages parent-infant interaction through eye-to-eye contact, smiling, soothing vocal sounds, loving touch, caressing, and mutual interaction. Also, massage can improve breathing patterns and lung health (respiration) and enhance oxygen and nutrient flow to cells. In addition to enhancing the release of hormones, including growth hormones that help with weight gain, it can also help stimulate the growth of neurons in the brain, improving mental processing. Among these benefits are the following:
- Developing cognitive, social, and emotional skills
- Relaxing and releasing a baby from daily stress
- Excessive crying and irritability are decreasing
- Gas, colic, and gastrointestinal discomfort can be reduced
- Sleep regulation and sleep promotion
- Primary systems need to be strengthened and regulated.
The act of massaging an infant can also help parents develop parenting skills. It contributes to the following:
- Learn more about infant cues and how to interpret them
- Enhance emotional connections and communication
- Improve handling skills and confidence
- Interact with everyone in a quality manner
- Parenting should include unwinding, relaxing, and listening to your baby
Enhancing the development of an infant with touch and massage
It is well known that touch is a powerful influence on early development, and infant massage can assist in developing these five areas:
- Enhances speech development, direct eye gaze, listening, and turning
- Increased body awareness, improved muscle tone, and improved coordination
- Enhances infant-caregiver relationships by promoting social skills
- The development of self-help skills involves stimulating awareness of oral motor muscles, closing the lips, and releasing tension needed for swallowing.
- Improves overall awareness of oneself, body boundaries, cause and effect, and ability to focus